- What traits do they possess?
- How do you think a good leader manages crisis under stressful situations?
There are 7 basic traits that most good leaders have, some might have more, while some do not have 1 or 2, but these are a few of the most important traits.
- The leader must be Proactive, meaning by making decisions yourself and coming up with ideas yourself, and not rely on other and others influence or react to external things.
- The leader must have a goal right at the start, so they know what they are trying to achieve and will make sure and do everything possible to make sure that they will succeed and achieve it.
- A good leader will be able to prioritize, things that are more important will o first, the least important do last. There should be a balance of time of what you do, between work and others, like relaxation or playing time.
- Try and make agreements when you are working in a company to have win - win situations, a deal where both parties benefit is always better than a deal where you benefit while the other party lose out. Always find these situation and make this type of deals, and make everyone happy.
- A good leader must seek to understand and make sure he understand it well, fully and clearly. You might lose out if you do not understand something, so be the first to go and understand it. And after that clarify your doubts by asking it, understanding a part of it is as good as not understanding that thing at all.
- A good leader will have to communicate efficiently with others, like group or team mates, or even partners from other companies of groups, so that that leader will be able to gain trust. The way the leader presents himself in front of everyone gives a strong first impression if that person is worthy of his or her trust and if he or she has trust, then he or she will respect you and listen to what you want to say.
- The leader must maintain a balance between everything he is focusing on, between finance, advertising, production, sales for example. Do not put too much energy into one and in the end, you neglect the other and the results could be catastrophic. Focus your time, effort and money evenly in every department.
So these are some of the traits that I feel are quite important and a good leader must have. Some may not apply to us right now, but we can still apply it in a small scaled way.
The 7 habits of highly effective people. (2010). Retrieved from http://www.quickmba.com/mgmt/7hab/
If there is a major problem and a very stressful situation, I feel that the leader should remain calm and brainstorm, come up with as many ways as possible to solve the problem. If it is a major one, reject media interviews and questions for the time, and concentrate on solving the problem. Only tell the media what had happened and how you managed to solve it only after you really solved it as the media will give you pressure and come up with false statements some times. If you cannot solve it, seek help from others, your partners can help you, like other companies or groups.
Done by: Brendon Goh ( 07 )
Class: S2 - 06