- Honest — Display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions. Deceptive behavior will not inspire trust.
- Competent — Base your actions on reason and moral principles. Do not make decisions based on childlike emotional desires or feelings.
- Forward-looking — Set goals and have a vision of the future. The vision must be owned throughout the organization. Effective leaders envision what they want and how to get it. They habitually pick priorities stemming from their basic values.
- Inspiring — Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary.
- Intelligent — Read, study, and seek challenging assignments.
- Fair-minded — Show fair treatment to all people. Prejudice is the enemy of justice. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well-being of others.
- Broad-minded — Seek out diversity.
- Courageous — Have the perseverance to accomplish a goal, regardless of the seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Display a confident calmness when under stress.
- Straightforward — Use sound judgment to make a good decisions at the right time.
In addition to all these traits, I feel that a leader must be a person with the intelligence and wits to be able to lead a certain group of people to success and to be able to be innovative and flexible so in times of crisis he would be able to adapt to the changed environment and be able to still continue to lead his people without failure. Also, I think that moral values do not apply in being a good leader, as a gang leader is also a leader and should he not be able to fulfill the basic requirements of being a good leader the gang would also fail along with him but however if he does posses these traits, he is also counted as a good leader. A leader is a person that is able to lead his men to survival and success along with being able to adapt and accept which is the main trait that sets leaders apart from different people.